10 Best College Majors for a Lucrative Career
9) Information Science
6) Information Systems
4) Information Systems Management
3) Civil Engineering
2) Computer Science
1) Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
For more info, including expected salaries, check out Kiplinger.com.
Ways You’re Wasting Your Money:
1) Carrying a balance
2) Buying brand-name
3) Paying late fees and missing deadlines
4) Buying insurance you don’t need
5) Overspending on gas
6) Keeping unhealthy habits
7) Paying too much for a mutual fund
8) Passing up tax breaks
See the 20 other offenders here: http://mykip.co/11kqLwh
Signs It’s Time to Fire Your Financial Adviser:
1) You’re off track: Meet face-to-face with your adviser annually for a checkup.
2) He speaks in gobbledygook: If you don’t understand your adviser, that’s a sign he may not be a good fit for you.
3) Your needs change: If your adviser’s realm of expertise doesn’t match your needs, consider finding one whose specialty does.
4) He’s just not into you: You should expect a certain level of attention.
5) You’re just not into him: Sometimes you simply don’t connect. That’s a problem.
Calculating the Health Insurance Subsidy
You can’t get a subsidy if your employer offers coverage that is considered to be “affordable”. But, if you pass that test, then you need to meet the household income test. Subsidies are available only to people whose modified adjusted gross income is 100% to 400% of the federal poverty level, which is about $11,500 to $46,000 for an individual and $24,000 to $94,000 for a family of four.
The size of your income also determines the maximum amount you have to pay for insurance — starting at 2% of your income if your modified adjusted gross income is below 133% of the federal poverty level and gradually rising to 9.5% of your income if your modified AGI is 300% to 400% of the federal poverty level.
There’s still more to know: http://mykip.co/1eAe9xx
Syria continues to cast its shadows over energy markets.
If tensions ease, look for a price of $90 to $95 per barrel come November. If the situation worsens? That could send the price per barrel as high as $125 in the near term.
The latest from our energy outlook: http://mykip.co/10iUrvA