What You Should Know About Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Two-thirds of students who receive bachelor’s degrees leave college with debt in tow. Worried about how much you’ll owe Uncle Sam after graduation? Loan forgiveness programs may help. Here’s what you should know:
1) There are two broad categories of loan-forgiveness programs.
2) You can double dip.
3) Only federal loans are eligible for forgiveness in most of these programs.
4) You should apply early.
5) It’s a big commitment.
6) Yes, you’ll earn a salary.
7) There’s no partial credit.
8) You’ll pay taxes on the loan forgiveness awards.
9) You may not get accepted.
For more details, check this out on Kiplinger.com.