The Seven Deadly Sins of Investing:
1) Following the herd
2) Giving in to fear
3) Hanging on too long
4) Neglecting to Rebalance
5) Making things complicated
6) Paying too much in fees
7) Failing to stick to a plan
Don’t fall into these traps.
Five Myths About Leasing a Car:
1) Leasing is a bad deal
2) It’s nearly impossible to negotiate a good lease
3) Only businesses get a tax break
4) You’ll have to pay hefty fees when you turn in the car
5) If you want out early, you’re stuck
See if a lease is up your alley: http://mykip.co/1f2gW1R
Five key credentials to seek in a financial adviser:
1) A decade of the right experience
2) A clean record
3) A transparent fee structure
4) A CFP, CFA or CPA designation
5) Good references
Learn more about what these mean on kiplinger.com.
10 Best College Majors for a Lucrative Career
9) Information Science
6) Information Systems
4) Information Systems Management
3) Civil Engineering
2) Computer Science
1) Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
For more info, including expected salaries, check out Kiplinger.com.
Ways You’re Wasting Your Money:
1) Carrying a balance
2) Buying brand-name
3) Paying late fees and missing deadlines
4) Buying insurance you don’t need
5) Overspending on gas
6) Keeping unhealthy habits
7) Paying too much for a mutual fund
8) Passing up tax breaks
See the 20 other offenders here: http://mykip.co/11kqLwh
Signs It’s Time to Fire Your Financial Adviser:
1) You’re off track: Meet face-to-face with your adviser annually for a checkup.
2) He speaks in gobbledygook: If you don’t understand your adviser, that’s a sign he may not be a good fit for you.
3) Your needs change: If your adviser’s realm of expertise doesn’t match your needs, consider finding one whose specialty does.
4) He’s just not into you: You should expect a certain level of attention.
5) You’re just not into him: Sometimes you simply don’t connect. That’s a problem.