Who needs barbecues? We have Labor Day TRIVIA.
Many thanks to the Census Bureau, which rounds up these trivial tidbits …
- 155.2 million — Number of people 16 and older in the nation’s labor force.
- 5.9 million — The number of people who worked from home in 2010.
- $47,715 and $36,931 — The 2010 real median earnings for male and female full-time, year-round workers, respectively.
- 16.3 million — Number of commuters who leave for work between midnight and 5:59 a.m. They represent 12.5% of all commuters.
- 76.6% — Percentage of workers who drive alone to work.
- 25.3 minutes — The length of the average commute.
- 3.2 million — Number of workers who faced extreme commutes to work of 90 or more minutes each day in 2010.
But wait, there’s more … !
From today’s USA Today cover story, “Sour Economy Gives Rise to Extreme Commuters.”
Extreme or … insane?